Monday, December 05, 2005

Girlchild's felted hat


Okay the pictures came out backwards, the hat didn't grow, but boy did it ever shrink!! This would be the yarn that girlchild and I dyed the other day with Easter egg colors. I felted the hat this morning and she modeled the still wet hat for me. It's first trip through the washer it barely felted at all. I was disappointed because it was still pretty big on her (enormous) so I threw it in again with a pair of jeans I keep for this purpose. It didn't do much and didn't do much and suddenly it was tiny. So I pulled and stretched and the child now has a very bright, very felted hat. I had considered poking some holes in the top of it, running some i-cord through and calling it a purse....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwww! Adorable! (your daughter AND the hat.)

Lynda said...

Cute HAT, and very cute kid! I love how the yarn knitted up - it's always a surprise to see what the colors do, isn't it!