Thursday, July 14, 2005

Finally making progress. I think.

The Tivoli t-shirt is coming along. I'm to the waist decreases, from here on out it shouldn't be too bad, especially since I plan to take it camping with us and working on it while we're gone. I really should give credit where it's due. You can find the pattern and some lovely photos of finished ones at www. grumperina.com. She's used real people as models and really it's a quick knit (if you don't have a bunch of kids and a new dog to make sure you have little time to knit). I have to say that I was leary of the Tivoli yarn. I bought 11 skeins off of ebay for about $11 including shipping, so we're talking cheap. I'd read a not so glowing review and that's about all I had to go on as far as this yarn goes (and I read the review long after I had 11 balls of the stuff staring at me). I've wound 5 skeins into balls and have only found one splice, the dye job on the skeins I bought seem to be pretty uniform. My only gripe is each skein only has 95 measley yards and that it's not machine washable. I have a front load machine and I wash everything in it and this sweater will be no exception. This next week I should have some "shine" yarn from Knitpicks, which is machine washable to knit this top up in. My daughter has already told me I have to knit her a sweater next to match mine. At the tender age of 4 years I love that she wants me to make her clothes.

No comments: