Saturday, December 18, 2010

Merry Merry Happy Happy and other thoughts

Every year around this time it's always the same, or at least it is at my house, I don't know about yours. I run around like crazy muttering things to myself like "next year more organized", "didn't I swear last year that I'd be more organized?", "never again" and "What was I thinking when I said I'd bakeknitvolunteerdecorate for namethatobligation". This year as I look at the pair of socks that I was planning on knitting my sister and at this point one week before Christmas I have one sock 3/4 done (with a mistake in it which will have me doing sock #2 as a mirror image). The only way her Christmas present will be done before Christmas is if there is a horrible accident while she's on vacation (she's coming home the day before Christmas) and she loses one leg....and even then without magic the socks would not make it to her door because there's no way I have time to have them done and in the mail by day after tomorrow.

Yep, Merry Merry Happy Happy stress free holidays. Lucky for me my sister is my sister and suffers from a great many of the same afflictions I do, so we all know that Christmas happens in December....or January....or February...shoot, she and I give each other until Easter. Same with birthdays we can drag those on forever.

So I sit here contemplating the holidays and the making of New Year's resolutions (which for the most part I don't do, because really what is the point?). But even tho I don't make New Years resolutions I was thinking that perhaps this year I could get off my butt and chronicle all of my knitting projects throughout the year. I often take a picture here and/or there of my knitting, but a great deal of it flies under the radar. On the needles, off the needles and to the recipient with nary a picture to show that I ever touched it. Perhaps this year I'll keep track here and on Ravelry the things that reside on my needles. I remember a few years ago I counted the number of pairs of socks that I knitted during the year. (I haven't looked back to see, but I think it was something like 13 pairs)

So there you have it. If I remember in a couple of weeks that will be my New Years Resolution.....what better resolution could there be than to knit?

No comments: