Sunday, December 05, 2010




I am so woefully behind on blogging/journaling or whatever you want to call it. I'm sure I'm behind on my knitting, but really who can tell? I am forever hearing "I just don't have time to knit", "Where do you find time to knit"....well, my friends, I don't have a very active social life aside from knitting. Oh, yes, I'm at the Y a couple of times a week exercising while the kids take karate, I'm at the school working or volunteering....but as far as hanging out with my friends? Thursday mornings are it (Hi Enid!! Hi Shelly!!) Besides. I like to give knitted gifts (to those who like to receive knitted gifts). And as with the senior luncheon at our school, often I am asked if I can donate a knitted item (or more) to a worthy cause...and really who can say no to that?
So, here's what I managed to knit up for the senior luncheon this year. I'd planned more, but it was a loooonnnnggg way off and it seemed like 15 minutes later it was next week! Two scarves. I still have some of that yarn, one skein each of a few different colors, so trying to come up with a scarf pattern that used just one skein and worked with this fuzzy yarn. I really like the key hole idea since it really does keep the scarf from slipping and sliding everywhere and besides that key hole area there would be awesome to show off a fancy pin.....I'm thinking vintage 50's here.
That fish hat......what a fun knit. I'd not really planned to donate it for the senior luncheon, thinking it might have been better suited to the Santa's breakfast which would be full of children who love crazy hats. But the powers that be used it as a senior luncheon door prize. Apparently they read a crowd better than me as the winner of said hat hunted me down (okay, it wasn't really much of a hunt, I was in the school office) she came up to me and thanked me for the hat and said her granddaughter confiscated it right away....she was thrilled to win something knitted by someone she knows. My kids were the only ones on the playground at the school with those silly fish hats and I have had a lot of requests for them.
Knit on my fiber addicted friends :)

No comments: